Pillar Search is pleased to continue its ongoing partnership with Year Up, having been selected to manage their search for the Associate Director of Partner Relations in Los Angeles, CA. For more information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Pillar Search’s CEO, Cindy Joyce, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a proven ability to help customers solve their business challenges in the area of workforce management, human capital, and/or talent acquisition? Do you have a passion for creating opportunities for urban young adults? Year Up, a top nonprofit, is hiring an Associate Director, Partner Relations -Los Angeles, CA to manage existing partner relationships; including responsibility for renewals, ongoing partner retention and satisfaction. Reporting to the Regional Director of Partner Relations- West, the Associate Director, Partner Relations will facilitate day-to-day interactions between Year Up, interns and corporate partners to create mutually beneficial business relationships. As part of the Corporate Engagement team, you will help to connect top corporations in need of mid-level, and entry level, talent with high-potential urban young adults. This position will have tangible targets in achieving renewal/retention goals, developing and following up on potential account expansion opportunities, managing partner issues to resolution and ensuring high levels of partner satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to immediately build rapport with Year Up’s current partners, developing a deep understanding of their business needs. You will bring a high level of comfort working with top level executives and will show outstanding professionalism and confidence interacting with senior leaders. An ideal candidate will bring demonstrated sales experience in a mission-driven social enterprise, exhibiting flexibility, strong communication skills, and the ability to interact fluidly with a variety of audiences.
The Associate Director, Partner Relations will also have the opportunity to interact with students at the Year Up Los Angeles site as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate; participating in building a positive educational environment.
Year Up understands that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Responsible for 90%+ renewal rate of internship seats
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction with Year Up service based on corporate surveys
- Expand multi-year commitments within existing partner base
- Grow, develop, and manage relationships with key stakeholders in each account by providing responsive and high-quality customer service paired with high support of interns
- Drive internal internship seat sales and alumni hiring within corporate partner accounts by developing relationships with internal champions at current partner companies
- Conduct research and market analysis to identify potential opportunities within current corporate accounts to support future growth
- Manage and expand existing relationships with corporate accounts to facilitate account renewals and generate new business
- Hold team and self-accountable for executing revenue results against goals
- Initiate processes that establish high service operating practices to strengthen the internship program
- Develop methods for expanding manager training and preparation to better support successful internship experiences
- Coordinate partner relations events, including organizing corporate events, scheduling orientation meetings, and conducting corporate site visits to support interns
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to connect with and educate potential partners
- Maintain partner and intern data on Salesforce.com ensuring complete and accurate reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Managing performance issues and coordinating communication to managers
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues and opportunities in internship performance as appropriate
- Implement and manage intern support resources by working closely with the Program team
Internship Event Execution
- Work as part of a team to coordinate graduation attendance from managers at corporate partners
- Coordinate with accounts to host corporate partner panels
- Identify opportunities for specific engagement activities that meet the goals of the client
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Active participant in site related and other national support activities, as required
- 7+ years’ experience in account management in a services based environment
- Ability to navigate, understand, and manage partner (sales) pipeline
- Demonstrated ability to generate leads, close business, and renew accounts
- Documented strength in meaningful relationship building, management and growth
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Able to collaborate across teams to support students and resolve issues; high comfort level in having one-on-one coaching conversations with students to provide professional guidance
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction
- Ability to plan, introduce and lead processes that enable high quality growth
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; Salesforce.com experience preferred
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. They are committed to embracing diversity within the organization because they firmly believe that diverse employee teams help Year Up to achieve their best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to young adults as they work to close the Opportunity Divide. Year Up is deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about their commitment to diversity at http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
ABOUT PILLAR SEARCH & HR CONSULTING:
Great people make great organizations, which is why some of the best nonprofit and mission-driven organizations have turned to Pillar, an executive search firm that has earned a reputation for finding the best of the best to drive success.
Qualified professionals are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy Joyce, CEO of Pillar Search & HR Consulting, at email@example.com. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered for the Associate Director of Partner Relations.