Pillar Search & HR Consulting is proud to partner with the American Urological Association (AUA), the premier association for the advancement of urologic patient care, on their search for the Director of Human Resources. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced human resources leader skilled at leading a team and working with the c-suite to execute an organization’s mission.
About the American Urological Association:
Founded in 1902, the AUA is a premier urologic association, providing invaluable support to the urologic community. The AUA’s mission is to promote the highest standards of urological clinical care through education, research and the formulation of health care policy:
- Education: For more than a century, the AUA has stood at the forefront in developing innovative, evidence-based quality education for urologists and urologic health professionals worldwide—throughout all stages of their careers. Through its Annual Meeting and other educational offerings, the AUA sets the highest standards for urology education worldwide.
- Research: The AUA is committed to supporting urologic research through funding, advocacy and scholarly exchange. The AUA is a leader in helping to identify gaps in knowledge and communicating urology research needs to key constituents at the federal level. The AUA’s Research Scholars Program has provided support to young urology researchers for more than 40 years, and the AUA—through its Annual Meeting and other educational offerings—provides the global urology community opportunities to present, learn and share news of discovery and advancement.
- Advancing Urology Through Advocacy: The AUA is a leading advocate for the specialty of urology and maintains a consistent presence in Washington, DC, working with lawmakers and regulators to promote and preserve the interests of urologists. The AUA has a long history of challenging legislation and regulation that negatively impacts a urologist’s ability to provide quality patient care.
About this exciting opportunity:
AUA seeks a self-starter of the highest integrity who has the proven ability to demonstrate effective leadership in HR. The Director of Human Resources reports to the Chief Executive Officer, and will work in the Linthicum, MD headquarters office. The Director:
- Develops and implements human resource strategy
- Develops, researches and writes policies and programs
- Provides strategic thinking and direction to the organization
- Oversees HR staff and all human resource activities, such as employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, recruiting, training, and employee services for a not for profit with over $200 million in assets and 160+ FTE’s; complies with regulatory requirements and studies new and existing legislation.
About the ideal Director of Human Resources candidate:
- Experience holding the senior-most HR role within an organization.
- Skilled at leading and managing a team of experienced HR practitioners.
- Master’s degree in HR, business administration or equivalent (ten years) related experience.
- Ten years in an executive management role.
- Effective leadership communication skills from staff level to board of directors.
- Proficient computer, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop strategy, implement changes and advise management.
- Analytical skills to perform research, implement solutions, manage special projects, problem solve, anticipate and plan for change.
- Expertise in regulatory HR issues, policy development and training and enforcement of internal policies.
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff, to serve as an organization role model and to develop professional relationships.
- HRCI, SPHR or PHR certification desired.
The Director should also have the following skills and attributes:
- A proven strategic thinker who can develop, research and execute AUA’s policies and procedures.
- A strong commitment to the services provided by HR.
- A proven track record of being able to work and collaborate with individuals from entry level staff to Leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven aptitude for HR programs that will promote AUA’s culture and mission.
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office suite programs.
Benefits & compensation:
AUA offers a rich total compensation package including competitive salary, medical dental and prescription plans, two-defined contribution retirement plans, flexible work schedules, an on-site fitness center and many more exciting benefits.
For Immediate Consideration:
Qualified Director of Human Resources candidates are encouraged to email their cover letter and resume to Cindy Joyce, CEO, Pillar Search & HR Consulting, at email@example.com.