Pillar Search is pleased to have been selected by RainCatcher to manage their search for the Executive Director. For more information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Pillar Search’s CEO, Cindy Joyce, at email@example.com.
This is an ideal role for a nonprofit professional with a passion for RainCatcher’s mission of implementing affordable and sustainable methods for providing clean water for everyone. The successful Executive Director candidate will have international experience, a proven track record of growing the diversity of fundraising sources and the amount raised, and has grown and managed a Board of Directors.
RainCatcher is dedicated to healing communities by providing clean water for children in the developing world using affordable and sustainable solution.
RainCatcher’s innovative system uses durable, inexpensive components to harvest an abundant existing natural resource: rainwater. It cleans and filters even the dirtiest water on the spot including existing contaminated water sources where rain is not abundant. There are no wells required, no pumps, no electricity, and no irrigation systems. The beauty of the RainCatcher system is its ease of use.
For more information about the exciting work that RainCatcher does, please visit www.raincatcher.org.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for RainCatcher’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize RainCatcher volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain RainCatcher’s high-performance staff
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to create new opportunities
Strategic Planning & New Business:
- Design strategic business planning process for program expansion into new markets
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site
- Be an external local and international thought leader, publishing and communicating program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for replication
The Executive Director will be committed to RainCatcher’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA with a focus in international development; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization or project; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Experience working with an international nonprofit is required
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and grow the Board
- Fundraising experience is required, including a proven track record of diversifying fundraising sources and amounts
- Experience working in unstable and developing countries managing staff, program delivery, and engaging local stakeholders
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Travel to Malibu, CA and Africa as needed
RainCatcher is located in Malibu, CA. The Executive Director can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants who are excited by the work of RainCatcher are encouraged to apply for the Executive Director role by sending their resume and cover letter to Cindy Joyce, CEO of Pillar Search, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pillar Search and RainCatcher are committed to diversity and equality in employment, and encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.