Pillar Search is pleased to have been selected by Year Up to manage their search for the Enterprise Account Manager, which may be located in either Boston, MA or New York, NY. For more information on this excited opportunity, or for immediate consideration, please contact Pillar Search’s Founder, Cindy Joyce, at email@example.com.
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive training program, Year Up provides urban young adults ages 18-24 with a unique combination of hands-on technical and professional skills, college credit, and corporate internships.
With an annual operating budget of $70 million, Year Up will serve over 2,100 students in 2014 nationwide, with sites in: Atlanta, Boston, Bay Area (San Francisco and Silicon Valley), New York, Providence, Puget Sound (Seattle), National Capital Region (Washington DC) and Chicago, with Year Up Professional Training Corps (PTC) sites located in Miami, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
Voted one of the Best NonProfits to Work For in the country by the NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Their staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. They set high standards for both themselves and their students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of young people. The work they do is life-changing, and they know that their team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org to learn more about working at Year Up and their amazing mission.
Reporting to the Senior Director of National Accounts, the Enterprise Account Manager will support Corporate Engagement and Internships initiatives for several national accounts. This individual supports efforts to expand and broaden our relationships and internship placements in select national accounts. The Enterprise Account Manager will work with major Fortune 500 corporations in need of entry-level talent to provide trained, high-potential urban young adults with high-quality internships, and will ensure a program of support and professional development for these young adults on their internships.
An ideal candidate will bring demonstrated account management experience in a mission-driven social enterprise, exhibiting flexibility, strong communication skills and the ability to interact fluidly with a variety of audiences. In addition, as an ideal candidate you’ll be able to remain flexible within your work, and seek out areas for collaboration across the organization.
In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Enterprise Account Manager will also have the opportunity to interact with colleagues and students regularly to help create and sustain a positive educational environment.
Enterprise Account Management
- Be a thought and action partner with the Senior Director of National Accounts for several of Year Up’s largest enterprise accounts with the goal of growing internships, increasing successful outcomes, deepening relationships, and moving to be an established and valued pipeline of talent.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of National Accounts, take relationship lead in a division within 2-3 of our top enterprise accounts. Build out and develop the partnership strategy. Establish and strengthen relationships. Cultivate and grow internships, volunteerism, and conversions, and early alum progression.
- Leverage influence skills to work effectively within the team and across departments to obtain input, move groups to consensus, and build buy-in.
- Collaborate with colleagues at the National and Site levels, as well as across the Year Up network.
- Develop and implement annual business goals; analyze trends and outcomes against revenue goals.
- Help drive new business acquisition plans in response to market trends and relevancy to Year Up with assigned enterprise clients.
- Review and deliver effective proposals that feature Year Up’s innovative model and past successes for solving corporate entry-level talent needs.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, account goals, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
Internship Program Management
- Help sustain a strong internship program that meets the business needs of corporate partners and affords Year Up interns the opportunity to apply their learning in a supportive, professional environment.
- Partner with National Accounts team to help develop and execute program excellence initiatives and pilot internship programs.
- In partnership with sites and corporate partners, help develop strategies that lead to more successful internship experiences, retention, and results.
- Drive some new business acquisition initiatives. Partner with the broader Year Up team to establish excellent pilots and strong feedback loops, and help those initiatives scale to other accounts.
- Promote internship retention strategies that result in increased completion and satisfaction levels for both partners and young adults.
- Design and implement effective strategies for increasing effective engagement with your assigned accounts.
- Set and meet targets for increasing corporate partner status from partner to advocate and advocate to champion.
- Partner with the team to strengthen corporate relationships, interfacing with partners, students, and staff members as needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a variety of supporters and stakeholders at the corporate partner.
- Engage with decision makers in a variety of formal and informal settings.
- Serve as a thought and action partner on corporate engagement situations that arise.
- Demonstrate genuine commitment to the mission, vision, values and culture of Year Up.
- Ensure collaboration across departments.
- Work closely with Program, Academic, and Employment Placement leadership to ensure that student learning and development strategically aligns to the needs of corporate partners.
- 5+ years’ experience in account management, corporate sales, and/or consulting in a services based environment
- Bachelor’s degree typical/preferred
- Consultative sales approach and background in technology or technology enabled solutions preferred
- Demonstrated ability to generate leads, close business, and deliver to sales targets
- Proven ability to influence, develop, manage, support and empower employees to achieve objectives within a team
- Documented strengths in meaningful relationship building, C-level business acumen, leadership, and influence
- Demonstrated ability to set direction and manage complex teams, projects, and processes
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A professional, energetic, and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Ability to collaborate across teams, facilitate difficult conversations, and resolve issues
- Ability to lead, willingness to be led, and comfort with situational leadership
- Consummate networking skills with an ability to move comfortably and credibly in the community
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and development databases; Salesforce.com experience preferred
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A willingness to travel at least 50% of the time, as needed
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Cindy Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.