My name is Cindy Joyce, and I am the CEO of Pillar. My reputation was built on finding the very best candidates, building lasting client relationships, and promoting a strong organizational culture. In my twenty years in recruiting and human resources, I have had the opportunity to work with truly great organizations such as Lois L. Lindauer Searches, City Year, The Junior League of Boston, Harvard Law School, State Street Research & Management, and FundQuest.
Fast forward to 2015. I was working in executive search with outstanding clients for an amazing firm. The number of searches I was working on was rapidly increasing, and when clients asked me to work on roles across areas of their organization, I wanted to be able to say yes, as I understood their culture, mission, and hiring needs, though the firm I was with was focused exclusively on fundraising-related roles.
I was home one weekend, came across the movie Jerry Maguire, and was struck by his famous line: “The key to this business is personal relationships. Suddenly, it was all pretty clear. The answer was fewer clients. Less money. More attention. Caring for them, caring for ourselves.”
I had my Jerry Maguire moment, and with that, Pillar began.
Since opening Pillar, I have worked on searches for clients such as:
- NEACH (New England ACH Association)
- President/CEO, Burlington, MA
- Executive Director, Malibu, CA
- The Landing School of Boat Building
- Director of Admissions, Arundel, ME
- Director of Advancement, Arundel, ME
- Managing Director of U.S. Operations, San Francisco, CA
- Year Up
- Associate Director of Business Development, San Jose, CA
- Associate Director of Partner Relations, Boston, MA
- Associate Director of Partner Relations, Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Director of National Accounts (location to be determined)
- Yestermorrow Design/Build School
- President, Waitsfield, VT
Prior searches included:
- City Year
- Director of Development, multiple U.S. locations
- Executive Director, multiple U.S. locations
- National Director of Corporate Partnerships, Boston, MA
- Emeril Lagasse Foundation
- President, New Orleans, LA
- Nantucket Athenaeum
- Director of Development, Nantucket, MA
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- Director of Advancement, Santa Barbara, CA
- World Animal Protection
- Executive Director, New York, NY
I have appeared on BBC‘s World Have Your Say, been a featured presenter with the Lean In Boston Chapter, and my writing has been featured on LinkedIn Pulse. My personal volunteer experience has including fundraising, actively serving on a nonprofit board, leading a human resources membership group, serving as a LinkedIn Hiring Advisor, promoting economic empowerment, promoting the arts, and mentoring students.
For my full background, I invite you to view my LinkedIn profile, and encourage you to contact me about your hiring and human resources needs.