My name is Cindy Joyce, and I am the CEO of Pillar. My reputation was built on finding the very best candidates, building lasting client relationships, and promoting a strong organizational culture. In my twenty years in recruiting and human resources, I have had the opportunity to work with truly great organizations such as Lois L. Lindauer Searches, City Year, The Junior League of Boston, Harvard Law School, State Street Research & Management, and FundQuest.
Fast forward to 2015. I was working in executive search with outstanding clients for an amazing firm. The number of searches I was working on was rapidly increasing, and when clients asked me to work on roles across areas of their organization, I wanted to be able to say yes, as I understood their culture, mission, and hiring needs, though the firm I was with was focused exclusively on fundraising-related roles.
I was home one weekend, came across the movie Jerry Maguire, and was struck by his famous line: “The key to this business is personal relationships. Suddenly, it was all pretty clear. The answer was fewer clients. Less money. More attention. Caring for them, caring for ourselves.”
I had my Jerry Maguire moment, and with that, Pillar began.
Since opening Pillar, I have worked on searches for clients such as:
- NEACH (New England ACH Association)
- President/CEO, Burlington, MA
- Executive Director, Malibu, CA
- The Landing School of Boat Building
- Director of Admissions, Arundel, ME
- Director of Advancement, Arundel, ME
- Managing Director of U.S. Operations, San Francisco, CA
- Year Up
- Associate Director of Business Development, San Jose, CA
- Associate Director of Partner Relations, Boston, MA
- Associate Director of Partner Relations, Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Director of National Accounts (location to be determined)
- Yestermorrow Design/Build School
- President, Waitsfield, VT
Prior searches included:
- City Year
- Director of Development, multiple U.S. locations
- Executive Director, multiple U.S. locations
- National Director of Corporate Partnerships, Boston, MA
- Emeril Lagasse Foundation
- President, New Orleans, LA
- Nantucket Athenaeum
- Director of Development, Nantucket, MA
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- Director of Advancement, Santa Barbara, CA
- World Animal Protection
- Executive Director, New York, NY
I have appeared on BBC‘s World Have Your Say, been a featured speaker/presenter with the Lean In, PwC, Junior League of Boston, and Materials Research Society (MRS), and my writing has been featured on LinkedIn Pulse and in several blogs. My personal volunteer experience has including fundraising, actively serving on a nonprofit board, leading a human resources membership group, serving as a LinkedIn Hiring Advisor, and promoting economic empowerment, promoting the arts, and mentoring students.
For my full background, I invite you to view my LinkedIn profile, and encourage you to contact me about your hiring and human resources needs.